Monday 14 November 2011

Coconut Chutney


As many of you may agree with me you can't beat thick,spicy fresh coconut chutney when it comes to chutneys,each household have their own version,some like to add lemon juice or curds for sourness,few people like only ginger and chillies in  their chutney.As a kid I grown up eating this chutney which my grand mother and my mother used to grind this chutney with  their hands in traditional stone grinder(rubbuva gundu or gundukallu).For this chutney my mother always gets compliments whenever she prepares it,I prefer chutney over Sambhar with dosa or idli so this is my family version of coconut chutney,hope you like it.

Ingredients:
Freshly grated coconut-1 cup
Green chillies-2-3
Ginger-1" piece,crushed
Garlic-2 small cloves
Tamarind pulp-2tsp
Coriander-2tbsp
Curryleaves-2-3leaves
Puffed channa-1tbsp
Salt to taste


For Tadka:
Oil-2tsp
Mustard-1tsp
Urad dal-1tsp
Dry chillies-2-3
Hing-pinch


Method:
Grind all the above ingredients into fine paste adding little water.
Heat oil add mustard when they begin to splutter add urad dal,.hing and chillies fry until golden brown and add to the above chutney.
This tasty delicious chutney goes with dosa,idli and with many more dishes...enjoy

3 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

My favourite chutney, can have two more idlis with it.

Prema said...

delicious chutney,love it...

Shilpakiran said...

hi i am also kanadathi .. very gald to visit ur blog ..very interesting and more similar taste i found ...do visit my blog too